Bought from the Episcopal Church in 1950, the Kennedy Chapel on the University of West Georgia campus in Carrollton was the originally the parish church for the Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic community. It was located on White Street before it was moved to the current campus location in 1964.
Students of the University of West Georgia and West Georgia Technical College are invited to participate in the Catholic Campus Ministry program held on the campus of UWG. Our Mission is to support, challenge and inspire students, faculty and staff to grow in faith and live out their call to be true disciples of Christ on campus and in their daily lives. Based in Christ’s teachings and the Eucharist, we strive to prepare responsible and passionate Catholic disciples and leaders for service to the Church and our greater society.
The Catholic Campus Ministry program seeks to form a strong faith community on campus by providing opportunities for prayer, worship, spiritual direction, service, learning and fellowship. Our program hopes to inspire students, faculty and staff to grow personally and spiritually by inviting them to deepen their values and their relationships with themselves, others, and God.
Mass @ 6:30 p.m. at the Kennedy Chapel on campus of UWG.
“Fellowship & Formation” – immediately following mass. Location TBA each week
At the Kennedy Chapel:
Eucharistic Adoration @ 11:30 a.m.
Communion Service @ 12:30 p.m.
“Cafeteria Catholics” @ 1:00 pm – A casual lunch gathering at the East Commons Cafeteria
Stay Tuned for a calendar of additional upcoming events such as socials, service projects, retreats, etc…
For more details contact Norma Rothschadl, Campus Minister, at 770-832-8977 x.1008 or at email@example.com.